Suzanne identifies and values fine and decorative arts, and tangible personal property for legal and financial experts, private collectors and insurance companies. Her thorough reports and professional value determinations have been used by the IRS, courts, and executors for over 20 years. Suzanne has appraised hundreds of estates, providing a high level of expertise in her appraisal services
- Private practice: Houck Asset Verification, Roanoke, VA and Palm Desert, CA
- Indian Wells Art Festival: Fine Art Judge
- Mountain Trails Gallery, Park City and Palm Desert. Gallery Director
- Meyer Gallery, Park City. Fine Art Consultant
- Private practice: Personal property appraisal services
- Phoenix Art Museum, Docent
- Instructor, International Society of Appraisers
DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Board of Directors of the International Society of Appraisers
- International Society of Appraisers/Certified Appraiser of Personal Property (CAPP) Designation
- Hollins College, Roanoke, Virginia , Master of Arts and Liberal Studies
- The College of William and Mary, B.A.
- SEAK, Inc., The 2017 Expert Witness Training Company, How to Be an Effective & Successful Appraisal Expert Witness, interactive workshop
- “Foundation for Appraisal Education Educational Seminars: Frauds, Fakes & Forgeries in the Decorative & Fine Arts” and Southeast Asian Works: Understanding the regional marketplace, American prints and silver.
- International Society of Appraisers, Modernism: Prints, Photographs, and Multiples.
- Sotheby’s Educational Studies, London, England, “Decorative Arts of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries”
- Tindells Restoration Schools, Nashville, Tennessee. Restoration of porcelain, pottery, marble, ivory, frames, metals and glass
- International Society of Appraisers, Asian Art I: Japanese Prints, Asian Art II: Screens & Paintings